My business is affected by COVID-19, can you help?

We understand that these are unsettling times for all our customers. Please be assured we've been working hard to mitigate any effect the Coronavirus might have on our service. There are ways you can help us too:

  • With 100% of our staff working from home, the best contact method for us is now email
  • Consider signing up for Direct Debit to help manage your payments and spread the costs
Find out more


How does deregulation affect my business?

On 1 April, we became your water retailer, and your main point of contact. Our responsibilities include meter reading, billing and customer service. Your wholesaler (South West Water) is responsible for maintaining the water infrastructure and systems. You can contact them on 0344 346 2020.

Deregulation means you’re free to switch to another retailer, but there are good reasons to stay with us. We’re business water specialists with a clear, straightforward approach to customer service. We offer a wide range of solutions and benefits to help reduce your bills – a one-stop shop for all your water management needs.

What happens if we do nothing?

Your water comes from the same source, through the same pipes. If you choose not to make any changes, you’ll be no worse off and your current terms & conditions will stay the same as they were.

What accreditations do you have?
We are ISO 9001 & ISO 45001 certified.

What are my charges/terms and conditions?

From 1st April 2020 new wholesale and retail rates came into effect for businesses. Prior to this OFWAT made some changes to the retail exit code which sets out the rules and guidelines retailers need to refer to when setting retail prices. One of the changes amended customer group bandings. Previously different rules applied to businesses using between 0 and 5 megalitres a year, between 5 and 50 megalitres a year and over 50 megalitres a year with some instances of customers charged between 0 and 50 megalitres.

From 1st April bandings have changed to between 0 and 0.5 megalitres a year, between 0.5 and 50 megalitres a year and over 50 megalitres a year. As a consequence businesses may have moved from one grouping to another. The bulk of any business customer bill (circa 95%) still relates to wholesale charges, covering the provision of water and sewerage services. Consumption banding has been allocated based on previous consumption, but if you believe that this is not representative of future consumption or you are seeing rises in your bills please contact us via 0330 159 2574 and we will review your individual situation to see how we can help. 

We have a range of Service Plans that will help your business save water and money – however until you choose to make any changes your terms and conditions with us will remain the same as they were – details of which can be found in our 2020/21 Charges Scheme. Please note, this applies to ‘transferred customers’ and ‘eligible exit area customers’.

We want to sign up for a new or longer term Service Plan – what’s involved?

Our retail prices are already among the most competitive in the industry and our customers already enjoy the benefits of a combined water and wastewater service.

You’re free to keep things as they are. But if you’d like guaranteed price stability for longer, just let us know how long you’d like to sign up for and we’ll make all the arrangements for you. You can find our terms and conditions for new contracts here.

How can I pay my bill?

You can pay your bill by logging into the MyAccount section of the website or through one of the methods on the reverse of your bill. If you have any problems, please call our customer service team on 0344 406 8053, who will gladly help you.

Will we get a bill from the water wholesaler?

No. As your retailer, we’re your main point of contact, delivering customer service, billing, meter reading, water management solutions and water-efficiency advice.

What do I do if I spot a leak at my premises?

If you detect a leak, please call your wholesaler as soon as possible (South West Water: 0344 346 2020).

What happens if I have an issue with the service delivered by the wholesaler?

You should contact the wholesaler directly (South West Water: 0344 346 2020). But, if you have any questions do give us a call and we’ll do what we can to help.

Can we reduce our water use?

We’ve helped all kinds of businesses meet their environmental goals and save money through our AquaCare services and smarter use of water. We can almost certainly do the same for you. You can find out more about our AquaCare services here.

If you feel your bill has suddenly increased by a large amount, contact us immediately because you may have a leak. We’ll investigate the situation, track your water usage to confirm if indeed you do have a leak, then assist in getting it fixed.

What is a “trade effluent consent”?

This is a legally binding document that’s specific to the customer, premises or process from where the effluent is discharged. The consent controls or limits the discharge. You can find out more information here or, if you need to change or cancel an existing consent, contact us.

Where can I view / download your Customer Charter?

You can view our Customer Charter by clicking here.


How do I update my bank details?

Please refer to our customer charter here which explains on page 13 how you can update your bank details.